Saturday, 31 October 2009

Desktop Wallpaper Giveaway No.2


It seems that we are slowly coming to the end of autumn, which means that there are fewer and fewer insects and other small things around to photograph. Sooner or later, I will have to put away my macro lens for the winter, and start looking for bigger things to photograph.

Anyway, here is this week's giveaway. It was shot in among the herbs in our garden. It shows a fully mature female praying mantis. I particularly like the definition on the spikes on her forearms. Talk about being armed to kill. Looking at the these weapons, it is easy to imagine prey being speared.


Please enjoy the photo, and also note that I have uploaded additional photos to my insects slideshow over at Photobucket.

0 comments:

About This Blog

The photos appearing on this blog represent just a fraction of the photos I have taken over the last year.

Too see more of my photos, please visit my Photobucket page.

To buy copies of my photos, please visit the following websites:

dreamstime.com


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP